Join us online June 22-24
The online workshop will be held 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CST each of the three days.
One of IFT’s most popular courses will help you better understand and communicate with your technical teams and customers. Learn the basic principles of food science and equip yourself with an enhanced understanding of the role of food science in the development of food products. Gain a better understanding of the importance of food safety, basic regulatory issues and food science trends.
- Better understand the field and processes involved with food science, and develop a common vernacular
- Identify ways food science impacts and supports various aspects of non-scientific work
- Identify trends in food science
Day 1: Intro and Building Blocks
- What is Food Science?
- Food Chemistry (Carbohydrates)
- Food Chemistry (Lipids & Proteins)
- Food Ingredients and Product Development
- The Art of Flavor
- Introduction to Sensory Evaluation
- Food Law and Regulations
Day 3: How’s it made? Processing, Safety, Quality and Nutrition
- Food Microbiology and Foodborne Illnesses
- Food Processing and Packaging
- Processed Foods and Their Role in Nutrition
IFT Members Save on Registration Fees
- IFT Member: $600
- Non-Member: $765
- Student: $300
- Don't wait to register!
- $50 Late registration fee (one week before event- June 15)
- $50 Same day event registration fee
Registration is closed.