Join us online July 28-30, 2020.
The online workshop will be held 10:00 am - 1:00 pm CST each of the three days.
Registration is no longer available for this course.
One of IFT’s most popular courses will help you better understand and communicate with your technical teams and customers. Learn the basic principles of food science and equip yourself with an enhanced understanding of the role of food science in the development of food products. Gain a better understanding of the importance of food safety, basic regulatory issues and food science trends. Demonstration materials will be limited 2 weeks prior to course start date.
- Better understand the field and processes involved with food science, and develop a common vernacular
- Identify ways food science impacts and supports various aspects of non-scientific work
- Identify trends in food science
July 28, 10:00 am – 1:15 pm CST
Day 1: Intro and Building Blocks
- What is Food Science?
- Food Chemistry (Carbohydrates)
- Food Chemistry (Lipids & Proteins)
- Food Ingredients and Product Development
Day 2: Food and the Consumer
- The Art of Flavor
- Introduction to Sensory Evaluation
- Food Law and Regulations
July 30, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm CST
Day 3: How’s it made? Processing, Safety, Quality and Nutrition
- Food Microbiology and Foodborne Illnesses
- Food Processing and Packaging
- Processed Foods and Their Role in Nutrition
IFT Members Save on Registration Fees
- IFT Member: $600
- Non-Member: $765
- Student: $300