Join us online August 3-5
The online workshop will be held 4 hours per day, 10:00 am - 2:30 pm CST each of the three days.
Registration is closed.
Food labeling requirements in the U.S. are complex, and you need to stay ahead of the curve as they continue to be redefined. This course will provide you with the foundational and practical knowledge you need to comply with new and established labeling laws and regulations. Instructors will also cover emerging issues in regulation and labeling to help regulation professionals and product developers reformulate and react to marketplace drivers such as clean/clear labeling, corporate social responsibility, and responsible sourcing they need to understand the regulatory implications.
- Understand the specific labeling requirements of both the FDA and USDA
- Identify which mandatory information must appear on the label of your food product, and which voluntary statements may be made. Discussions include ingredient statements, nutrition labeling requirements, nutrient content claims, health claims and structure/function claims
- Become familiar with legal references for labeling requirements
- Understand label statements that contribute to food safety and promote health and wellness
- Basic/Mandatory Labeling Requirements for FDA and USDA
- Ingredient Statements (including allergens) for FDA and USDA
- Ingredient workshop
- Flavor labeling
- Nutrition labeling
- Health Claims, Nutrient Content Claims, Structure – Function Claims
- Claims Workshop
- Marketing Claims
- Hot topics
Other Short Courses
CFS Preparatory Course
July 27-Aug 26
Optional “crash course” in all eight content areas covered on the Certified Food Scientist exam. Learn more.
IFTNEXT: Design Thinking Tools to Uncover post-COVID Consumer Needs
Get hands on experience with a selection of design thinking tools that you can use to uncover post-COVID consumer needs and shape your organization’s innovation efforts. Learn more.
The food-oriented business owner will receive valuable guidance in producing consistent and safe products, be they active cannabinoid CBD or THC. Learn more.
Fundamentals of Sensory Science
Get an overview of current practices, the benefits of different methods, and strategies on managing resources and information to meet product development requirements. Learn more.