Join us online July 28-30, 2020.
The online workshop will be held 4 hours per day, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm CST each of the three days.
Registration is no longer available for this course.
Food labeling requirements in the U.S. are complex, and you need to stay ahead of the curve as they continue to be redefined. This course will provide you with the foundational and practical knowledge you need to comply with new and established labeling laws and regulations. Instructors will also cover emerging issues in regulation and labeling to help regulation professionals and product developers reformulate and react to marketplace drivers such as clean/clear labeling, corporate social responsibility, and responsible sourcing they need to understand the regulatory implications.
- Understand the specific labeling requirements of both the FDA and USDA
- Identify which mandatory information must appear on the label of your food product, and which voluntary statements may be made. Discussions include ingredient statements, nutrition labeling requirements, nutrient content claims, health claims and structure/function claims
- Become familiar with legal references for labeling requirements
- Understand label statements that contribute to food safety and promote health and wellness
July 28, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm CST
- Basic/Mandatory Labeling Requirements for FDA and USDA
- Ingredient Statements (including allergens) for FDA and USDA
- Ingredient workshop
- Flavor labeling
- Nutrition labeling
- Health Claims, Nutrient Content Claims, Structure – Function Claims
July 30, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm CST
- Claims Workshop
- Marketing Claims
- Hot topics